Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Answered Prayer


I’ve been watching the Monarchs flying around the yard all summer waiting for one to light on a flower and stay there long enough for me to capture a photo. Their movement is usually so swift it’s hard to capture, and they would never light on a bloom. I eventually stopped following them because my attempts were futile.

Watching them this morning I thought soon they will migrate, and I won’t see them anymore. Without a second thought I spontaneously said, "Lord please let me get a shot before they leave".

God is faithful...He hears, and He answers. I followed one...it was like he knew what I wanted; or, was he being obedient to the voice of God; he slowed down—and even perched on a bloom; on second look it wasn’t a bloom, it was a leaf. How astounding is that! Even more astounding he allowed me to capture him in an area of the yard that is the least beautiful. Nonetheless, I was excited! To my delight this is what I captured:







God answers even the smallest of prayers...
and teach us lessons in the answer.

  1. The swiftness of the butterfly
  2. My futile chase
  3. Acknowledging my desire to God in a spontaneous request
  4. The butterfly cooperating, choosing a barren site to land
  5. Lighting on a leaf instead of a bloom
  6. I stumble trying to get a closer view but don't fall
  7. My eventual victory


No comments: