Thursday, August 15, 2019

The Message Butterfly


As a butterfly lover and nature photographer I long to capture a butterfly gliding effortlessly in the air with a beautiful background. My cousin has a green thumb that produces a beautiful yard in front and back, so butterflies constantly add to the scene. I’ve been watching them all summer and sometimes chasing them like a small child, not to capture them in my hand as I did when I was a child; but to capture them with my camera. I was successful one day in making a capture, however, without the beautiful background (see my post Answered Prayer). This morning was no different; I’m sitting on the front patio watching them flying around just out of my reach with the backdrop I desire but again so swift it’s hard to capture the full scene.  

 The difference in this morning as I sit on the patio they are flying around amid my praying and texting prayer warriors to pray for a family crisis. I’m teetering on the edge of worry when suddenly, a butterfly flutters right up in front of me, about a foot from my face…he paused for a quick second like he was talking to me. He didn’t linger long... just long enough for me to want to get a photograph but couldn’t because I was in the middle of texting.

 After I prayed and sent the messages, I couldn’t stop thinking about how close I came to getting the shot I’ve been wanting all summer; then I realized he came not to be photographed, he came bearing a message…to keep me calm and not to worry; God’s got this! He was a messenger that did not have to speak words, the beauty in his wings against the blueness of the sky spoke volumes that confirmed God’s control.

 Thank You Lord.

 

No comments: